Sunday, June 22, 2014

Day 14, June 22,2014

So last night we drove 20 miles across dirt roads with many potholes in the pitch dark deep into the country to Morris'a church called The Revelation Church of Jesus Christ.  We had a fellowship of singing, praying and preaching.  Then we ate dinner at 11:15 pm.  Then I was asked to sleep in a double bed with Morris's mother at the church.  She is a very sweet, kind and generous woman.  Then this morning when I woke up, I had my first African bath.  You have a big bowl of hot mail boiled, then you throw the water all over your body, soap up and then throw the water again.  When you potty, you have to take a scooper of water from a bowl and pour it down the hole.  After breakfast at the church, we drove to Junga's house that he built all himself and met his wife and children.  She fed us again.  Then back to church.  I sat in on the children's Sunday School, and at the end I asked a lady if the children could sing me a song.  I guess she misunderstood me, cause she grabbed my arm and pulled me up on the platform and told me to dance with the women dancers.  I started dancing and trying to follow their arm motions, but the one song we were dancing to lasted 1 hour, yes 1 hour.  We were all sweating like crazy.  So I got my aerobics in to fight off all this food they are feeding us. This was in front of 400 people at the church.  I'm sure I looked like a goofball.  The service itself lasted 5 hours.  We ate lunch at 5:15 pm.  The people there were so loving and kind.  We drove back in time for me to facetime Anna and Ben, Lee and Jess and April and Brody.  That was a wonderful blessing.  Please, pray for the boys for they get up at midnight tonight to reach the peak of Mt. Killimanjaro to see the sunrise.  I haven't heard from them in 6 days, so I don't know how Gordon's knee is holding up.  There are flys everywhere here.  You can't escape them.  Time to eat and go to bed!
Local children with their wheelbarrow made out of sticks.


This is Junga's house he built all himself!

This is Junga's oldest ironing his mother's skirt.  What a great kid!

Look at this iron.  It's metal with hot coals in it.


This is all of us with Junga's family outside his house.

After wash day at the church. This is the dryer!

This is me dancing with the African dancers for 1 hour!

One of the drummers at church.

Can you believe this little girl opening a coke bottle with her teeth?

This is the church.
Some boys at church playing the round tamborines.

Below is what the roads around here look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment