Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Day 16 June 24, 2014


Water fall at Morris's farm.

flat tire

Euclyptus trees

100 pounds of coal

Istanbul, Turkey

Standing in front of the Blue Mosque.

HAGGLING N WORLD BAZZAR

WORLD BAZZAR

DAD READY FOR CAIRO


Got up this morning at 6:15 am and had tea.  Took another African bath with a bowl of water.  Then we loaded up and drove to Priscilla, Morris’s mother’s farm.  It was a much bigger house but she used a black kettle over a fire for her stove.  Morris, Esther, another of Morris’s sisters (remember he has 10 brother and sisters),  Junga and I hiked straight down about a half a mile to the river where the cows go to drink.  It was through bushes and brambles and cow piles.  On the way down Morris made me climb an avocado tree and pick avocados for Junga.  When we got to the river there was a beautiful waterfall.  Morris said it was his favorite place in the world.  I could see it would be a perfect place for a quiet time.  My left leg got stung by stinging nettles.  The farm was on a hill and was beautiful land.  We had breakfast back at the house.  So much for my bath this morning.  On our way back to Morris’s house, we had a flat tire.  Of course, Junga was the man.  He changed it using a screwdriver as a crank as we all stood along the dirt road.  They broke limbs with leaves off of trees to lay on the road to warn other drivers to slow down.  After we finally got back, I finished all my packing and went to the school to check my email for the last time.  I don’t know if we’ll have any internet at the hotel in Cairo.  So then we loaded up the car and said our sad good-byes.  I really hated saying good-bye to Luka.  I had a fondness for him.  I truly hope he can get to America to go to college.  I told him he could live with us if he did.  We drove all the way to Nairobi which was over 4 hours.  Did I mention how crazy the driving is here?  I have to close my eyes, cause It looks like were going to hit a car coming at us as we pass every time.  On the way, we stopped about half way at a mental institution where Junga has a son.  We stayed in the car as he visited him.  We could see some of the patients moving around in the yard like zombies.  Morris said they keep them drugged up.  We finally arrived at Dorcas’s house thinking the boys would already be there, but they weren’t.  We waited an hour before they showed up.  I ran down the stairs of her house to greet them.  Brandon got out first with a Tanzania shirt on and I hugged him, then Adam got out and I hugged him.  Finally, Gordon got out with an almost full beard and as I hugged him he started crying and couldn’t talk.  He said he just missed me and loved me so much.  It was a sweet time.  They made it to the top and saw the sunrise, but it wasn’t easy for any of them.  They had lots of stories and pictures which we all shared.  Then Brandon had to leave first to go to the airport cause he left at 10:50 pm.  We stayed at Dorcas’s, because our flight to Istanbul was not till 2:10 am.  We are all pretty weary. Please, pray for our safety in Cairo.

No comments:

Post a Comment